We know cancelled plans and postponements are disappointing for both prospective guests and ourselves, but we’ve been extremely fortunate to have guests that have been very supportive of the situation over the last few months of national and local lockdowns. It’s definitely been a 2-way thing and our favourite saying soon became ‘we’ll play it by ear’, this has really helped our little business stay afloat when other small businesses haven’t been so fortunate.
Please be assured that if a travel ban is enforced in Powys or Wales, or in your home county, or at a nationwide level preventing you from travelling, we can either move the date of your holiday to your next preferential dates, or we will provide a gift voucher valid for any future holiday, or alternately we can issue a refund. Please contact us as soon as you’re aware of any travel restrictions, which may affect your stay with us, and likewise, we will contact you as soon as possible with regards to any restrictions relating to this area.
Unlike big holiday companies governed by lots of red tape, being a small independent business means that we can adapt our Terms and Condition’s in these uncertain times. We aim to be as flexible as possible to help guests, which in turn helps us to remain in business. If your holiday is looking to be in jeopardy for any reason, please give Helen (the owner of Brecon Retreat) a call and she will spend time to talk through what options are available.
Please note, we will NOT accommodate people who are acting in breach of the law.
We strongly advise that you have some sort of travel insurance to protect your holiday for any other reason that may prevent you from arriving for your holiday.
At the point of booking, you will be offered ‘Booking Protect Guarantee’. For extra peace of mind; this is a very comprehensive policy which covers for any other eventualities that may impact you from arriving for your holiday. This policy can be applied up until the balance of your holiday is paid.
READ MORE HERE:
• Prior to arriving, if any of your group have covid-19 or are experiencing symptoms they Contact 111 and they will advise on what to do and please also make us aware
• Please do not arrive before arrival time
• Follow our checkout procedures with care
• If you or any of your group develop symptoms during your stay let us know immediately.
• If you are asked to self-isolate you need to do this by returning to your own home. If you are too unwell to return home and have to self-isolate in our property, which extends past your booked departure date, you will be liable for all the costs incurred to compensate guests who were due to arrive.
It should be expected after this current winter lockdown that only people who live together in the same household will be permitted to stay together in our holiday accommodation, until restrictions further ease.
We will be unable to accommodate guests from areas with a higher incidence of coronavirus (England Tier 3 & 4) to safeguard our staff and other residents.
(updated 19th Dec 2020)